Pages

Trench Talk

Monday, August 11, 2014

England experienced some impressive rain and cooler temperatures recently, making me realise that summer will soon be over.  Like any normal materialistic girl, I'm already looking ahead to autumn fashions prompting me to write this post on the cream of the trench coat crop.

Every woman needs a great trench.  Appearing classy, classic, cool, sexy, professional, casual, and an infinite number more adjectives, a trench is the ideal outerwear for those transitional months.  After extensive searching (that was the fun part), I purchased a perfect trench last season at LK Bennett that I have already worn an ungodly number of times, more than justifying its high price tag (that was the not-so-fun part).  

I like a structured, double-breasted trench, no slouchy mac for me.  So, without further ado, the trench coats, ladies and gentlemen:

The trench that started it all, this option is a beaut.  It's classic design means that it goes with everything, and because it isn't yellow-toned, it flatters my porcelain complexion.  

source


Coming across as a cool-toned grey, this mac has a slightly fuller skirt, creating a super feminine silhouette.  I think this would look especially chic paired with skirts and dresses, rather than with trousers and jeans.  A slightly dressier option, I would love to have this in my wardrobe for evenings out.

source


Don't be surprised if you see this in future "outfit-of-the-day" posts.  I'm not sure that I can resist the beauty of this indigo coloured trench.  The colour and the details really make this mac a showstopper.  I'm particularly keen on the epaulets!

source


For the budget-conscious, this is my trench of choice.  Crisp lines and classic structure make this a timeless choice.  Combined with its versatile beige colour makes this an easy choice.

source


Again, this is structured, crisp, and classic.  Nothing groundbreaking here but just another perfectly designed, basic wardrobe essential.  The deep navy shade makes this a great choice for neutral lovers who want to avoid the beiges/tans and aren't fans of black.  Or, if you're like me, a great choice for someone who can't say no to new acquisitions.

source


So pricey but so beautiful.  This is the trench of all trenches.  Amazingly crafted and structured, this is the only one that matters.  But as its hefty price, sadly it won't be joining the ranks anytime soon.

source

Am I missing any?  Do you have a trench coat you can't live without?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs