Pages

A Mid-Week Pamper

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

There are times when the weekend just can't come soon enough.  I always take time to relax and rejuvenate during my precious weekend time.  What I don't do often enough, however, is pamper myself during the workweek.

So here's my fail proof relaxation routine guaranteed to calm yourself and help get you to the weekend.

Step #1:
Draw a bath with luxurious bubbles, oils, salts, or milks (whatever you like best).  I recommend these products:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Step #2:
Light a candle (or two).  It is such a sensory experience to smell therapeutic scents, see the soft warm light, and feel the warmth of a candle.  I am partial to these candles (despite the price, these are amazing organic candles that really last a long time.  I tend to stalk my local TK Max because I can often find them ½ price there!):

1, 2


Step #3:
Prop your laptop next to the tub and settle in for a movie or some Netflix.  Or bring your book with you.  But, there's a rule: no work-related reading allowed.  This is break time!  Relax, don't do it!

Step #4:
Slather on a face mask.  I am a huge supporter of face masks.  No matter what skin concern you have, there is a mask to address it.  These are my favourites:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6


Step #5:
Give yourself a manicure.  If you do this often enough you'll get pretty darned good at doing your own nails and will no longer need to shell out buckets of money at the nail salon to get perfectly painted tips.  I've perfected this self-mani over the years and these are the products I rely on:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9


Step #6:
Go to bed early.  If the goal of this pampering is to relax and rejuvenate you halfway through the week, you've got to sleep.  I am terrible about pushing myself to stay up late to work but sometimes you've just got to quit.  If you've gone to the trouble of indulging yourself, you might as well finish it off with a decadent early night.  Turn off the technology (I am horrendous about this step) and catch some shut-eye.  You'll be happy that you did.

I should point out that wine can accompany you at any stage of this process (if you're legal) but be careful not to overdo it if you're in the middle of the workweek and have to get up and at 'em in the mañana.  But honestly, I tend to reserve the boozy relaxation version for the weekend.  Chocolate is also a good friend when you're spoiling yourself.

There you have it.  Six steps to a perfect Wednesday night.

What do you do to treat yourself?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs